Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Card of Firsts for Mother's Day

Posted by stackyscraps at 4:50 AM


So here is a card I made for my boyfriend's mother for Mother's Day. From what I hear, she is a watermelon fanatic, so I tried to stick with that theme and purses just because they are funa nd feminine which I don't get the sense she gets to emphasize a whole lot living on a farm and only having sons. I got this idea from the Ultimate Crafter Companion's project DVD which included a purse card but I have altered it quite a bit from that. This is a first for me in several ways, it is my first shaped card, my first card with a three dimensional/foldout element, my first time using my Ultimate Crafter's Companion (which I really enjoyed using and cannot wait to use to make an envelope), my first time using ribbon to hold a project together, and my first time using this paper on anything and really liking the results (when I first started scrapbooking I bought this paper pack and have not really used it much since). I stayed up all night making this in hopes it might get there on time, sadly that is far from a first for me ;). I made it using the UCC, Stretch Your Imagination with the shape edited on design studio, and Cuttin' Up. Thanks for looking, would love to hear what you think of it!

3 comments on "A Card of Firsts for Mother's Day"

Magoo on May 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM said...

This is just awesome for your first shape card~you did wondeful! what a fun idea~i'm sure she will love it :)

Magoo on May 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM said...

p.s. your blog looks geat!! and THANK YOU for the blinkie!!!

Cheryll on May 18, 2009 at 8:27 PM said...

Love it! The little shirt is so cute!

Post a Comment

There have been Create your own free image counter at www.BoAllen.com! visitors to this page.
 

Stacky's Scrap Spot Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez with Customization by StackyScraps.